Retail reopening: hub.brussels launches the "Open!” series on BX1
This summer, hub.brussels is mobilising to support the reopening of retail in Brussels. On the agenda: testimonials, discussions and interviews with specialists about the impact of the crisis, the aid available, potential solutions and the major trends for the future of retail. First programme on 11 July!
Brussels residents saw their neighbourhood shops reopen in early June after having been shuttered since mid-March.
In order to provide support to retailers as the lockdown ends and they reopen their businesses, hub.brussels has partnered with the Brussels-based television station BX1 for a series of informative programmes on the COVID-19 crisis and the best reopening solutions.
Resilience, innovation, environmental transition…Find out about the retail of the future as imagined by the experts and Brussels retailers!
Solutions to the crisis: on TV all summer
Testimonials, discussions, interviews with experts presented by Maya Cham and Thierry Tinlot.
Programme n°1: Review of the COVID-19 crisis – What are the lessons learned?
The first programme of the Open! series reviews the impact (in figures) of the coronavirus on Brussels retail and the lessons learned.
Saturday 11/07 at 6:15 PM: FAQ – The significant figures of the Brussels lockdown with Juan Vazquez Parras Geomatician (hub.brussels) and Edouard Jacquin, Data Manager (hub.brussels)
- Sunday 12/07 from 6:15PM: IN SITU – Reportages with Wondergreen, Life is Beautiful, Tayba Trading, Nanobrasserie de l’Ermitage, Lorraine de Fierlant (Alderwoman for Commerce, Schaerbeek), Fabian Maingain (Alderman of Economic Affairs, City of Brussels) & Yassine Assal (Head of Territorial Networks, hub.brussels).
- Monday 13/07 at 5:15PM: TALK – Debate between Elke Roex (Alderwoman for Commerce, Anderlecht), Isabelle Grippa (CEO, hub.brussels), Elodie Sardo (Green Cocoon) & Loic Henon (Forcado)
Programme n°2: Resilience – How to rebound during a crisis?
The second programme of the Open! series offers solutions to show resilience in the face of the crisis.
- Saturday 18/07 at 6:15 pm: FAQ’s – Comment percevoir les signaux faibles, les analyser et s’adapter with Cécile Veyrie, starter coach (hub.brussels)
- Sunday 19/07 at 6:15 pm: IN SITU – Reportages with Live Central Park, Le Petit Boudoir, Yuman, Donki, From Comptoir L’Herboristerie de Louise, Mathieu Seron, coach bij 7 jours santé & Rodolphe d’Udekem d’Acoz, Head of digital & expertises (hub.brussels)
- Monday 20/07 at 5:15 pm: TALK – Debate between Eric Vanden Bemden (business consultant at BECI) Zaira Azzouz (AZ ZAHIRA) Marc Van Thournout (accountant) & Thierry Goor (Wolf) at Brasserie de l’Ermitage Anderlecht
Programme n°3: Financing – What financial aid can I get for my business?
The third progamme of the Open! series deals with the issue of financing. How can we protect ourselves from a crisis and the difficulties that can arise from it? Discover the advice of our experts!
- Saturday 25/07 from 6.15 pm: FAQ’s – How to finance your idea with Gauthier Hecq, financing and strategy advisor (hub.brussels) & Aurélie Gribomont, financing and strategy advisor (hub.brussels)
- Sunday 26/07 from 6.15 pm: IN SITU – Reportages with Kom à la maison, Tandem Café, Marcel Bike Café, Tranches de Cake, Aurélie Gribomont, financing and strategy advisor (hub.brussels) & Jérôme Thomas (advisor to the Secretary of State for Economic Transition)
- Monday 27/07 at 5.15 pm: TALK – Debate between Céline Bouton (LITA.co Belgique), Candice Enderlé (La Ressource), Véronique Flammang (1819.brussels) & Francesco Cury (Racines et Petit Racines)
Programme n°4: The collaborative economy – Sharing services
The fourth programme of the OPEN! series focuses on the growing concept of the collaborative economy (functionality). Or how to share services, spaces, tools,… to reduce expenses.
- Saturday 1/08 from 6.15pm: FAQ’s – Collaborative economy, kesako? with Emmanuel Mossay, Coordinator at EcoRes
- Monday 3/08 at 5.15 pm: TALK – Debate between Olivier Kahn (CED – BECI), Olivier Doré (JOA), Flore Frédéric (Project Manager at hub.brussels) & Lieza Dessein (Consultant in strategy and organizational communication)
Programme n°5: Retail design – How to make your business indispensable
The fifth programme of the OPEN! series focuses on commercial design: how to save energy. How do you arrange your shop window to attract the customer’s attention? Get familiar with the concept of “retail design”, used by the big brands but accessible at a lower cost thanks to the advice of our experts…
- Saturday 08/08 at 6:15 pm: FAQ’s – How to set up your business at a lower cost and according to the precepts of retail (eco)design, with Julie Baudichau, circular economy consultant (hub.brussels) & Thibaut Surin, commercial design consultant (hub.brussels).
- Sunday 9/08 from 6.15 pm: IN SITU – Reportages at Hopono, with the intervention of Steven Bollé, retail coach and designer & Eric Yven, retail design coach.
- Monday 10/08 at 5.15pm: TALK – Cross debates between Maya Diagne (Saabou), Eric Yven (retail coach and designer), Marie Verrue (retail design coach) & Hailé Habebe (Café Beguin and Toukoul)
Programme n°6: Hospitality – What support is available to the sector?
The sixth programme in the OPEN! series focuses on the Brussels hotel and catering industry. Heavily affected by COVID-19, the sector is subject to numerous rules and constraints that prevent it from returning to normal activity.
Let’s take an inside look at the experience of this sector: its needs, its concerns, but also the inventiveness of its establishments, which have reinvented and adapted themselves.
- Saturday 15/08 from 18:15: FAQ’s – The horeca sector before and after COVID-19 with Said Adkhi (Moro) & Joris Lens (Café De Markten)
- Sunday 16/08 from 18:15: IN SITU – Reportages at Chez Noémie, OK Coffee, Chabrol, Nour Al Cham, Bon Bon & Certo
- Monday 17/08 at 5.15 pm: TALK – Cross-debate between Antoine Bertrand (Alderman for the economy of Woluwe Saint-Pierre), Benoit Vano (Colonel), Arnaud Mestdag (La Meute) & Stéphane Obeid (Alderman for the local economy of Ganshoren)
Programme n°7: Customer experience – How to connect with your customers
The seventh programme in the OPEN! series emphasizes the importance for retailers to know their customers. How to put your customer at the centre of your strategy (communication, design,…), how to create a community around your business / products? Our experts reveal the secrets of a good customer relationship.
- Saturday 22/08 at 6:15 pm: FAQ’s – How to meet your customers?, with Régis Lemmens, professor marketing and sales at Solvay Business School
- Sunday 23/08 at 6:15 pm: IN SITU – Reportages at Déjà Vu, Brut & Apus et les cocottes volantes with Flore Frédéric (Project manager – hub.brussels), Marie Van Gils (candidate à « l’Auberge Espagnole ») & Solange De Mesmaeker (coach en marketing – Les Branchées)
- Monday 24/08 at 5:15 pm: TALK – Cross-debates between Adeline Fery (Weco Store), Laurine Kerpelt (Communication coach – hub.brussels), Virginie Roux (Consultant – Eureka) & Greg Malcause (Bière de quartiers)
Programme n°8: E-commerce – How to get started online
The eighth and final programme in the OPEN! series focuses on e-commerce. Selling online has allowed many businesses to survive the COVID-19 crisis. How did they adjust? Is online selling a necessity today? The answer in our FAQ, IN SITU and TALK!
- Saturday 29/08 at 6:15 pm: FAQ – How to get started online? with Laurine Kerpelt, Communication Coach at hub.brussels
- Sunday 30/08 at 6:15 pm: IN SITU – Reportages at La Coutellerie du Roi, Yalda concept store, Versus, Déjà Vu & Happy Pâtisserie, with the interventions Charlotte Creplet & Nicolas Hubin (Agence Digitale Solidaire)
- Monday 31/08 at 5:15 pm: TALK – crossed debates between Céline Holvoet-Kasiers (Ginkgo), Emmanuel Wostyn (co-founder, Cherry Pulp), Sophie Guillet (Relationship Manager- UCM) & Stéphanie Roisin (La Ritournelle).
Rebroadcast of the Open! programmes
Do you want to rewatch an episode, listen to a discussion or a particularly interesting presentation again? All of the programmes of the Open! series will be included in our bi-monthly newsletter. Subscribe to be sure you don’t miss an episode!