Retail reopening: hub.brussels launches the "Open!” series on BX1
This summer, hub.brussels is mobilising to support the reopening of retail in Brussels. On the agenda: testimonials, discussions and interviews with specialists about the impact of the crisis, the aid available, potential solutions and the major trends for the future of retail. First programme on 11 July!
Brussels residents saw their neighbourhood shops reopen in early June after having been shuttered since mid-March.
In order to provide support to retailers as the lockdown ends and they reopen their businesses, hub.brussels has partnered with the Brussels-based television station BX1 for a series of informative programmes on the COVID-19 crisis and the best reopening solutions.
Resilience, innovation, environmental transition…Find out about the retail of the future as imagined by the experts and Brussels retailers!
Solutions to the crisis: on TV all summer
Testimonials, discussions, interviews with experts presented by Maya Cham and Thierry Tinlot.
Programme n°1: Review of the COVID-19 crisis – What are the lessons learned?
The first episode of the Open! series reviews the impact (in figures) of the coronavirus on Brussels retail and the lessons learned.
Saturday 11/07 at 6:15 PM: FAQ – The significant figures of the Brussels lockdown with Juan Vazquez Parras Geomatician (hub.brussels) and Edouard Jacquin, Data Manager (hub.brussels)
- Sunday 12/07 from 6:15PM: IN SITU – Reportages with Wondergreen, Life is Beautiful, Tayba Trading, Nanobrasserie de l’Ermitage, Lorraine de Fierlant (Alderwoman for Commerce, Schaerbeek), Fabian Maingain (Alderman of Economic Affairs, City of Brussels) & Yassine Assal (Head of Territorial Networks, hub.brussels).
- Monday 13/07 at 5:15PM: TALK – Debate between Elke Roex (Alderwoman for Commerce, Anderlecht), Isabelle Grippa (CEO, hub.brussels), Elodie Sardo (Green Cocoon) & Loic Henon (Forcado)
Programmes for the upcoming weeks
Programme n°2: Resilience – How to rebound during a crisis?
The second episode of the Open! series offers solutions to show resilience in the face of the crisis.
- Saturday 18/07 at 6:15 pm: FAQ’s – Comment percevoir les signaux faibles, les analyser et s’adapter with Cécile Veyrie, starter coach (hub.brussels)
- Sunday 19/07 at 6:15 pm: IN SITU – Reportages with Live Central Park, Le Petit Boudoir, Yuman, Donki, From Comptoir L’Herboristerie de Louise, Mathieu Seron, coach bij 7 jours santé & Rodolphe d’Udekem d’Acoz, Head of digital & expertises (hub.brussels)
- Monday 20/07 at 5:15 pm: TALK – Debate between Eric Vanden Bemden (business consultant at BECI) Zaira Azzouz (AZ ZAHIRA) Marc Van Thournout (accountant) & Thierry Goor (Wolf) at Brasserie de l’Ermitage Anderlecht
Programme n°3: Financing – What financial aid can I get for my business?
The third episode of the Open! series deals with the issue of financing. How can we protect ourselves from a crisis and the difficulties that can arise from it? Discover the advice of our experts!
- Saturday 25/07 from 6.15 pm: FAQ’s – How to finance your idea with Gauthier Hecq, financing and strategy advisor (hub.brussels) & Aurélie Gribomont, financing and strategy advisor (hub.brussels)
- Sunday 26/07 from 6.15 pm: IN SITU – Reportages with Kom à la maison, Tandem Café, Marcel Bike Café, Tranches de Cake, Aurélie Gribomont, financing and strategy advisor (hub.brussels) & Jérôme Thomas (advisor to the Secretary of State for Economic Transition)
- Monday 27/07 at 5.15 pm: TALK – Debate between Céline Bouton (LITA.co Belgique), Candice Enderlé (La Ressource), Véronique Flammang (1819.brussels) & Francesco Cury (Racines et Petit Racines)
Programme n°4: The collaborative economy – Sharing services
The fourth program of the OPEN! series focuses on the growing concept of the collaborative economy (functionality). Or how to share services, spaces, tools,… to reduce expenses.
- Saturday 1/08 from 6.15pm: FAQ’s – Collaborative economy, kesako? with Emmanuel Mossay, Coordinator at EcoRes
- Sunday 2/08 from 6.15 pm: IN SITU – Reports with MIEU, Cabas, Farrah Floyd, Shopera & Smala cooking
- Monday 3/08 at 5.15 pm: TALK – Debate between Olivier Kahn (CED – BECI), Olivier Doré (JOA), Flore Frédéric (Project Manager at hub.brussels) & Lieza Dessein (Consultant in strategy and organizational communication)
Programme n°5: Retail design – How to make your business indispensable
- Saturday 08/08 at 6:15 pm: FAQ
- Sunday 09/08 at 6:15 pm: IN SITU
- Monday 10/08 at 5:15 pm: TALK
Programme n°6: Hospitality – What support is available to the sector?
- Saturday 15/08 at 6:15 pm: FAQ
- Sunday 16/08 at 6:15 pm: IN SITU
- Monday 17/08 at 5:15 pm: TALK
Programme n°7: Customer experience – How to connect with your customers
- Saturday 22/08 at 6:15 pm: FAQ
- Sunday 23/08 at 6:15 pm: IN SITU
- Monday 24/08 at 5:15 pm: TALK
Programme n°8: E-commerce – How to get started online
- Saturday 29/08 at 6:15 pm: FAQ
- Sunday 30/08 at 6:15 pm: IN SITU
- Monday 31/08 at 5:15 pm: “TALK
Rebroadcast of the Open! programmes
Do you want to rewatch an episode, listen to a discussion or a particularly interesting presentation again? All of the programmes of the Open! series will be included in our bi-monthly newsletter. Subscribe to be sure you don’t miss an episode!