Access2Markets: a new tool to help you export
Do you want to start or continue exporting to the Member States of the European Union and beyond? To help you, the European Commission has put together “Access2Markets”, a new, free online platform.
Access2Markets was created by combining the old tools Market Access Database (MADB) and EU Trade Helpdesk. Made available in October, this platform, which presents itself as an “international business assistant”, aims to provide exporting companies with accessible information for no fewer than 120 markets around the world (in addition to the 27 European Union markets).
A tool which meets several needs
The purpose of the Access2Markets platform is to facilitate:
- access by the smallest companies to markets outside of the EU
- a quicker and less costly understanding of the regulations in effect
VSEs and SMEs have a harder time establishing themselves in new international markets than large companies.
A website replete with essential information
Customs tariffs, taxes, special procedures, administrative formalities, rules for importing products from outside of the EU, etc. All of this information is easily accessible via Access2Market, as well as more specific information which you can find using the advanced search system and the product, country of origin and country of destination fields.
6 different sections
- Rules of Origin via the ROSA feature: find out what your rights and restrictions are when you export a product.
- The EU’s commercial agreements with third countries: make proper use of these agreements which cover nearly two-fifths of all commercial exchanges between the EU and third countries.
- Trade barriers: identify and anticipate the obstacles you may face as an exporter.
- Testimonials from businesses: discover the opinions of other companies that took advantage of the “Access2Market” experience.
In the future, the platform should also include a B2B component to put companies directly in touch with each other.
Do you want to find out more?
We are planning training sessions soon to help you familiarise yourself with this tool! Stay up-to-date by signing up for our international newsletter.