After positioning his microphones on film sets for ten years, François Fripiat felt that he was ready to set off on a more ambitious project: to provide a sound identity to the virtual world.
This parallel universe was highly developed from a visual and graphics standpoint but it was still lacking a sound dimension.
Innovation and investment: hub.brussels in stereo
hub.brussels’ first role was as a sounding board. Its teams guided the engineer toward two key institutions in the field.
- Start Invest assisted François with the convertible loan
- Innoviris supported François via its HAPE project, which provides funding for experimental projects, in collaboration with the IRISIB the research institute
Coaching et networking
hub.brussels has helped Demute to position itself as a reference sound studio in the immersive field at an international level.
- supported François in the realization of his business model, his technological positioning, his development strategy in Brussels and internationally
- advised the sound engineer on the legal aspects of his project
- monitored the studio in the context of the mybusinesspass program
- practiced the Doppler effect by taking François on a royal mission to Korea as well as on various international trade shows: Atelier Grand Nord, Gamescom, Cannes… These events led to very promising business relationships.
François FripiatFounder of Demute
hub.brussels’ collaboration was essential then and still is today. In a rapidly changing industry, it’s essential to be able to consult with your peers in a cluster, as well as to help you grow and figure out when and how trends will change!
Find out about screen.brussels, hub.brussels’ audiovisual cluster
The move from recording to producing a complete sound universe was the crazy challenge of a 30-year-old sound engineer. Demute was successful. The shock wave travelled well beyond Brussels and generated interest among the planet’s biggest techno-freaks!
Do you have an audiovisual project? The screen.brussels cluster tunes you into events, training and networks.
Discover our services
Are you looking to adapt your business to the pandemic situation or reinvent it? Discover the subsidies, grants and local and regional financial support that could help you achieve this!
The Economic Coordination Council supports the establishment, development and conservation of employment in Brussels through its companies.
This coaching will allow you to review/transform your concept and validate your idea, its feasibility and potential profitability with an .e coach.
This coaching will accompany you in the elaboration of a strategic plan to promote the conquest of a new clientele and re-enchant your current clientele in order to make them your best ambassadors.
This coaching will teach you how to reduce your environmental impact through a series of concrete measures.
This coaching will help you find the right tools to communicate your sustainable offer and get your message and values across.