The MedTech Accelerator®: the medical technology accelerator
Do you work in the medical technology sector? The MedTech Accelerator® enables you to develop your project or startup in less than six months, through individual and collective coaching sessions provided by experts in the field.
What is the MedTech Accelerator®?
Why create an accelerator for medical projects?
With the MedTech Accelerator®, hub.brussels aims to accelerate the innovation potential of Medtech in Brussels by capitalising on the expertise, infrastructure and ecosystems available in the nation.
Whether your innovative idea in healthcare consists of software, equipment, a service or a combination of these elements, our 6-month programme will take on the priority challenges of the MedTech sector.
The top experts in the field will guide you through key topics such as business modelling, prototyping, regulatory requirements, clinical trials, financing and intellectual property.
How can the hub.brussels team help you?
Through the accelerator, our lifetech team can offer you:
- meetings with experts
- practical workshops on the commercial aspects of the medical device sector
- access to the Belgian MedTech ecosystem
- training in the art of the pitch to sell your project
- personalised support to face your challenges and reach your objectives in time
The Lifeline teamMedTech Accelerator® 2020
Joining the MedTech program was for us a fantastic opportunity to be part of the healthcare startup community. During our journey, we had the chance to meet and be challenged by key players in the healthcare industry. 3 words can resume our experience with lifetech.brussels : Expertise, Network and Coaching.
Jean-Michel ScheurenStartup and business coach MedTech Accelerator®
Supporting and coaching promising entrepreneurs in their journey of turning their amazing ideas into actual businesses is one of the most rewarding and exciting experience.
Victor Grosu (Smarcos)Winner MedTech Accelerator® 2020
The MedTech Accelerator helped us review and improve our business from different perspectives while being assisted by real experts in the field. Despite the COVID-19 crisis, it gave us the expected boost towards our goals.
What are the requirements to benefit from this service?
This service is geared towards any enthusiastic entrepreneur who wants to take their MedTech project or startup to the next level with the help of mentors and devoted experts. You must meet the following requirements to join the accelerator:
- your startup or project is or will be established in Brussels
- your startup is currently ready to be created or will be in under 3 years
- your solution is a medical device or could become a medical device in accordance with EU regulation 2017/745
- you have a first proof of concept from a laboratory
- your market hypotheses have been verified with your potential clients/partners
- the selection committee will only review projects/startups which meet the eligibility criteria
- participation certificates will be delivered to projects/startups which have participated in at least 80% of the programme and in both pitch presentation events
- a prize will be awarded during the closing ceremony to the project/startup which has progressed the furthest during the acceleration programme
- The programme runs for 6 months, or 16 full days
Do you have any questions about the MedTech Accelerator®?
Fields marked with * are required.
Discover our other services
Are you looking to adapt your business to the pandemic situation or reinvent it? Discover the subsidies, grants and local and regional financial support that could help you achieve this!
The Economic Coordination Council supports the establishment, development and conservation of employment in Brussels through its companies.
This coaching will allow you to review/transform your concept and validate your idea, its feasibility and potential profitability with an .e coach.
This coaching will accompany you in the elaboration of a strategic plan to promote the conquest of a new clientele and re-enchant your current clientele in order to make them your best ambassadors.
This coaching will teach you how to reduce your environmental impact through a series of concrete measures.
This coaching will help you find the right tools to communicate your sustainable offer and get your message and values across.