OpenSoon: subsidy and coaching to launch your retail business
Are you looking for financing and tips to launch your retail business? OpenSoon offers coaching and financial support of up to €15,000 to future entrepreneurs who want to open an innovative and high-quality retail business in the Brussels-Capital Region!
The 2019 OpenSoon call for projects is closed but you can express your interest for the 2020 call for projects.
Why was the OpenSoon subsidy created?
The Brussels-Capital Region is trying to diversify its retail offerings by making it easier to open original, sustainable and inspirational retail businesses. With OpenSoon, new commercial project leaders can count on financial assistance from Brussels Economy and Employment and strategic and operational support from hub.brussels.
How can hub.brussels’ OpenSoon team help you?
To apply for OpenSoon financing, you have to advocate for your commercial project by submitting a well put-together file to Brussels Economy and Employment. But in order to have the tools to put the file together, you will first need assistance from hub.brussels!
The OpenSoon team will assist you in two phases:
- A coaching phase to develop the best aspects of your project and position it commercially.
- A consulting phase to find a suitable location to set up your business.
What are the conditions for benefiting from the OpenSoon subsidy?
To benefit from the OpenSoon subsidy, you must have:
- A plan to open a retail or hospitality business in the Brussels-Capital Region
- A Business Plan
- A company number valid as of the submission of the subsidy request
- A clearly identified commercial space
- An original project which preferably has a sustainable development approach and is financially viable
Good to know:
- Is your project circular in nature? You can receive a larger subsidy.
- You can only submit one subsidy request per company number.
5 steps to follow to build your OpenSoon file
- Carefully read the rules for the call for projects
- Contact hub.brussels to set up a meeting
- Meet your coach, polish your project and confirm your location
- Submit your application file containing:
- The completed registration form
- Your business plan
- Your financial plan
- A mood board (8 photos) highlighting your products and atmosphere
- A copy of your lease agreement (or information about the exact planned location for your business and the requested monthly rent excluding fees)
- A layout plan or sketch of the location
- If your application file is selected, you can then submit a subsidy request which includes:
- The application file
- The subsidy request form, completed and signed by a person legally authorised to bind the company
- A copy of the company’s Articles of Association
- A list of the public aids the company has already received
The Open Soon 2019 call is closed.
To stay informed of hub.brussels’ calls for applications and news, subscribe to our newsletter.
Fields marked with * are required.
Are you opening a retail business soon? Have you recently opened one or are you planning on expanding? hub.brussels’ coaches follow your commercial project, from idea to realisation.
Do you want to open your own restaurant? Come test your culinary concept for less and with less risk at Kokotte, our hospitality incubator.
Do you want to get started in the retail business? Come test your concept for less and with less risk at the Auberge Espagnole Etterbeek and Saint-Gilles, our two retail pop-up store incubators!