lifetech.brussels, the cluster for healthcare companies
Are you the head of an innovative startup or project in the medical technology sector? Member of an organisation, research centre or consulting firm in the field? Discover our lifetech.brussels cluster, dedicated to healthcare entrepreneurs, and benefit from expert support in Brussels and beyond!
lifetech.brussels offers tailored support and expertise to all professionals in the healthcare sector and specifically for medical devices and e-health solutions.
The cluster works towards the development of leading projects in the healthcare field in Brussels via various services and programmes (individual and collective support, notably through the MedTech Accelerator®), dedicated spaces (such as MedTech Workshop) and by building a network of the various players in the industry (seminars, international missions, etc.).
Why have a cluster for medical technology?
One of the major objectives of the lifetech.brussels cluster is to stimulate innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit in the healthcare sector by offering ad hoc support for the development of innovative projects.
The actions taken by lifetech.brussels aim to consolidate the ecosystem and bring the various players in the healthcare industry together.
How can lifetech.brussels support your projects?
The cluster offers:
- Business modelling: our experts help you develop a clear picture of the financial aspects of your project by creating a financial plan and a business plan.
- Partnership: thanks to our local and international network, you can contact all of the partners who can help you develop your project.
- Financing strategy: lifetech.brussels assists you in your search for financing for your project, either through private or public financing with a loan or an investment.
- Internationalisation: thanks to our network of international players in healthcare industry sectors, we can support the international development of your projects.
- Innovation management: our intellectual property experts can guide you through the process of protecting your idea, product or service.
- Regulatory awareness: our experts can shed light on the legal framework surrounding the launch of an innovative idea.
What the cluster does not provide:
- The creation of a financial plan and/or business plan for the entrepreneur.
- Partnership negotiations for the entrepreneur.
- Direct financial grants.
- Representation of the entrepreneur during an event, convention or during international meetings.
- Protection of the company’s intellectual property via patents, trademarks, etc.
- Consulting on regulatory matters.
8 reasons to join the cluster lifetech.brussels
By joining the cluster, you gain:
1. access to our member community and interesting synergies
2. individual support services
3. the option of applying for our yearly MedTech Accelerator® programme
5. preferential access to high-level workshops and networking events organised by lifetech.brussels and its partners
6. access to national and international sectoral news
7. company promotion through our communication channels (website, information bulletin, events, etc.), in particular via a dedicated page on our website displaying your company/product
8. communication of your employment offerings and events via our website and through social networks
What are the conditions for joining lifetech.brussels?
Our services are geared towards:
- startup projects, spin-offs or Brussels companies which are involved in the life sciences and healthcare technology sector, possibly led by patients, healthcare providers or any other person
- Brussels organisations (public or private) which provide healthcare to patients. This includes hospitals, medical centres or local service centres and retirement homes
- Brussels research centres (private or public) with an R&D activity in the life sciences and healthcare technology field
Joining the lifetech.brussels cluster is free of charge. Membership gives you access to all our events and workshops, to our legal and financial experts and, notably, allows you to benefit from a presence at our stands at international professional markets.
By joining us, you commit to:
- participating in the yearly hub.brussels survey: it helps us follow the evolution of our members and develop new ideas for the cluster by collecting your specific needs. The data are not shared and are only used internally.
- participating in a cluster event and meeting with the cluster team at least once a year: to have a dynamic cluster, our members must participate and interact.
- sharing important information about the development of your company: this way, we can keep in touch with your needs and create value for you.
- promoting lifetech.brussels in your communications (website, press, etc.): this helps us gain visibility and new members and create even more synergies.
Are you ready to join the Brussels medical technology network? Meet with the lifetech.brussels team
Fields marked with * are required.