Investment Officer, London
hub.brussels in London is looking for an Investment Officer (F/M/X), full time, for an indefinite period with a start as soon as possible.
About the organisation
hub.brussels is the economic development agency of the Brussels-Capital Region.
hub.brussels offers customised support, free tools, and recognised expertise in boosting the autonomy of entrepreneurs, facilitating their decision-making, expanding their knowledge, and widening their network. It helps them gain trust and reach excellency. It pushes them to strive in Brussels… and beyond.
hub.brussels has the ambition to turn Brussels into the most attractive European ground for business creation and development.
hub.brussels is above all the sum of over 300 dedicated, thorough and passionate collaborators bound by the promise of supporting, encouraging, and propelling the most innovative and audacious businesses towards success…
hub.brussels embraces diversity and does not practice any form of discrimination that would induce differential treatment of an application on the basis of subjective criteria not directly related to the skills required or the experience sought for the position.
General description of the function
One of the Agency’s missions is to promote and support the internationalization of the Brussels economy. This is ensured by the departments « Internationalization » and « International Network ». With regards to the UK market we rely on dedicated people in Brussels and on the Brussels Representation within the Belgian Embassy in the UK.
An important aspect of the internationalization of the Brussels economy corresponds to the investments made by foreign companies. In order to attract and support the investment projects of UK-based companies we are looking for reinforcement with an Investment Officer for our team in London.
The Investment Officer in the London office will, in collaboration with his/her colleagues, ensure the identification, prospection and support of potential investors.
You work under the general direction of the Economic & Commercial Counsellor in London
You prospect British companies to encourage foreign direct investment in the Brussels-Capital Region
You manage client and stakeholder relationships and provide support services related to the investment projects of potential investors
You ensure the correct registration of data concerning (potential) investors and the services provided to British companies, which are necessary both for follow up as well as for reporting
In close collaboration with the team you support the British investors in their steps of establishment in Brussels
You participate in the definition of the strategy and the action plan Invest for the UK market
You collaborate to the implementation of the annual action plan Invest in the UK (promotion & information seminars, roadshows, fairs, …)
You provide strategic advice, briefings, presentations, written reports to the team and management regarding the Invest mission in the UK
You provide the necessary input for the realization of the various communication tools used for the Invest mission
- You have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/College in a field related to the position, including but not limited to Business, Finance, Economics
- You have good knowledge of the British business environment
- You have a first professional experience in business development or foreign direct investment
- You are reliable and can handle confidential information with care
- You have experience in project management and you have good planning and organizational skills
- You have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and you are able to use social media tools for promotion and/or to generate new business opportunities
- You are a team player and you are able to manage, in an autonomous way, multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- You are able to build and sustain a network of contacts
- You are determined and you have a proactive and results oriented approach
- You are able to share your experience and know-how
- You are fluent in English and knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus
- You are flexible and willing to travel (domestically and to Brussels) and participate in evening activities occasionally
- A fulltime permanent work contract
- A competitive remuneration
- A challenging job with a lot of variety and autonomy
- A unique chance to work within a diplomatic representation
- A pleasant and easily accessible workplace
Send your resume and motivation letter by filling the application form below.
You can apply for this position until September 1st, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.