What are the impacts of digitalization on tourism in the future?
New technologies are disrupting many areas. A revolution that is also impacting the tourism, events and culture sectors. Are you a Brussels-based player in one of these fields or a technology entrepreneur operating in artificial intelligence (AI) or connected objects? Join our online webinar on May 11th from 2:30 to 4:30 pm. A great opportunity to discover the digital trends and challenges in the hospitality industry.
Digitalization is more than ever shaping the hospitality industry. Artificial intelligence, virtual reality or connected objects are innovative and efficient ways to meet today’s needs and motivations of tourists. What are the new technological trends in tourism? How will these technologies disrupt our activities and jobs in Brussels? How do digital technologies allow hospitality players to stand out by offering innovative solutions in line with tourists’ new expectations? These are key questions and issues for all those involved in the tourism, events and culture sectors.
Brussels hospitality industry: bounce back through digitalization
Given the global and major transformations operating in our society-intensified by an unprecedented crisis, new technologies are essential to reinvent the Brussels tourism, events and culture sectors This workshop is a great opportunity to discover, share and push the boundaries of your business hosted by our experts, speakers and researchers from ULB-IGEAT.
- Online, a Zoom connection link will be sent to you by email a few days before the event
- Free of charge
- Registration required
- 2:30 pm—Introduction by Véronique Renard, manager at hospitality.brussels.
- 2:40 pm—Overview of the latest digital trends in tourism and events, proposed by Laurent Queige, Director of the Welcome City Lab Paris, the first incubator in the world for tourism companies whose objective is to stimulate tourism innovation in Paris.
- 3:00 pm—Workshop led by Cap Smart(an ULB project conducted with the support of brussels and visit.brussels) on the theme of digital transition and Brussels tourism: Technological adoption in Brussels, its characteristics and the challenges it raises for museums, hotels and venues.
- 00-4.30 pm—A presentationon the theme of “How artificial intelligence can boost the attractiveness of Brussels as a destination”, by Benjamin Devisme, VP sales at Quicktext, a company specialized in artificial intelligence, chatbots, voice assistants and big data for the hotel sector.
Belgium is Design: Apply for Milan Design Week!Full - Registrations are closed! Organization: MAD (hub.brussels), Flanders DC & WBDM
Active as a designer? Imagine your degree for the Belgium Is Design promo film, which will be screened during the prestigious Milan Design Week 2021.
Specialty & Fine Food Fair: the place to be for the Brussels food sectorFull - Registrations are closed! Organization: hub.brussels
Exhibit your made in Brussels delicacies on our stand
TechCrunch Disrupt 2021Full - Registrations are closed! Organization: hub.brussels
Our virtual collective stand is waiting for you!
Belgian economic mission to the United StatesFull - Registrations are closed! Organization: hub.brussels, Belgian Foreign Trade Agency, AWEX, FIT, FPS Foreign Affairs
Strengthen your partnerships with the United States during our multi-sectoral Belgian economic mission under the presidency of H.R.H. Princess Astrid.