Real estate sector company trip to Milan during the State Visit to Italy
At the request of the President of the Italian Republic, the State Visit of Their Majesties the King and Queen of Belgium is postponed to a later date. This visit was originally scheduled for 23-25 March 2020. The current phase of the coronavirus epidemic and the new emergency measures taken by the Italian authorities are jeopardizing the programme of the visit. Belgium and Italy will agree on new dates as soon as possible to allow this visit, which confirms the excellent relations between our two countries, to take place under ideal circumstances.
Do you work in the real estate or urban planning field? Discover the sector in Milan this upcoming March 25 and 26 during the State Visit to Italy!
Explore the Lombard capital via an extensive programme of visits and meetings based on the local real estate and urban planning sectors: visits to sustainable neighbourhoods, presentation and informational sessions, networking events with developers and architects, meetings with city departments, etc.
Don’t miss the “Brussels meets Milan” exhibition
His Royal Highness King Philippe of Belgium will honour us with his presence during the “Brussels meets Milan: a story about sustainable neighbourhoods” exhibition, presented in partnership with the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB).
Wednesday 25 March
11:30 – 13:00
Brussels Meets Milan: A sustainable neighbourhood story.
- Isabelle Prignot (ULB): “The Brussels Framework on sustainable neighbourhoods.”
- Studio Boeri: Speaker and subject to be confirmed
Round table and comparison of perspectives on sustainable and future neighbourhoods in Belgium and Milan.
- Kris Verhellen (CEO Extensa)
- Benjamin Cadranel (CEO Citydev)
- Marialessandra Secchi (Privileggio Secchi Architectura)
- Pierfrancesco Maran (Deputy-Mayor for planning of the city of Milan)
- Nicolas Bearelle (CEO Revive)
Facilitators: Benoit Burquel – Nadia Casabella
13:00 – 14:00
Walking lunch with the whole State Visit delegation
14:30 – 15:00
Inauguration, by H.R.H. King Philippe of Belgium and His Excellency Rudi Vervoort, Minister-President of the Brussels-Capital Region of the “Brussels Meets Milan: A sustainable neighborhood story”, exhibition, by students from the Architecture Department of the Free University of Brussels (ULB)
15:00 – 17:00
Free time to explore the Exhibition
17:00 – 19:00
Location: Palazzo Giureconsulti –
19:30 – 22:00
Networking Event organised by visit.brussels, attended by His Excellency Rudi Vervoort, Minister-President of the Brussels-Capital Region.
Thursday 26 March
09:30 – 10:30
Meeting with the urban planning and land management department of the city of Milan – presentation of urban development projects in Milan from 2025-2030.
Presentation of future plans for the city of Milan, including (among others):
- Plans to renovate 7 historic stations in Milan (Farini, San Cristoforo, Porta Romana, Greco-Breda, Lambrate, Rogoredo & Porta Genova), in collaboration with Reinvinting Cities
- Building and infrastructure projects related to the 2026 Winter Olympics
- Presentation of the “Piano di Governo Territoriale” – 2030
11:00 – 12:30
- Guided tour of CityLife (neighbourhood and site)
- Presentation of the planned building that will complete the project
13:00 – 15:00
- Networking and Pitching at the Albera Monti & Associati architecture firm, attended by Milan-based architects and stakeholders from the real estate sector.
- Each company will have the opportunity to introduce itself in a 3 minute pitch.
- Networking lunch
15:30 – 16:30
- Guided tour and introduction to the MIND – Milano Innovation District / Arexpo project
- Presentation of the plans to renovate the former site of the 2015 Universal Expo & resulting business opportunities.
- Guided site visit
Brussels – Milan:
- 24 March: Brussels – Milan Linate: 18:50 – 20:30
- 25 March: Brussels – Milan Linate: 06:20 – 07:50
Milan – Brussels:
- Milan Linate – Brussels: 18:45 – 20:20
- Milan Malpensa – Brussels: 21:05 – 22:35
Unahotels – Cusani Milano – Special rate of €189 per night including breakfast.
Pay the hotel directly.
Virtual stand at the Hannover FairFull - Registrations are closed! Organization: hub.brussels
Exhibit on our virtual stand at Hannover Messe!
Export Talks#18: Legal risksOrganization: hub.brussels
Learn about the legal risks in your international operations through this online session.
Information session (II): Erasmus for Young EntrepreneursOrganization: hub.brussels
Get ready to experience an entrepreneurial exchange abroad through this second online info session.