Economic mission to Turkey
For those who wish to develop their activities on the Turkish market, join our multi-sector trade mission in Istanbul and Ankara from October 24 to 27 and maximize your business contacts thanks to a tailor-made B2B meeting program!
Thanks to its strategic position as a “bridge” between Asia and Europe, Turkey reflects an economy driven by a young, qualified, urban and connected population. As exports benefit from a favorable exchange rate, the economy has risen to the 19th place in the world. The European Union is, moreover, its largest trading partner.
Despite high inflation and a weakening of the currency since 2018, the country recorded a growth rate of 1.8% in 2020 and expects an increase up to 6% in 2021.
A market with a range of opportunities for your export
Rudi Vervoort, Minister-President and Pascal Smet, State Secretary in charge of European and International Relations and Foreign Trade, will chair the delegation going to Turkey and will be able to contribute to develop your contacts and promote your projects in this market, through the two nerve centers of the Turkish economy:
- Istanbul, a metropolis with 16 million inhabitants built at the crossroads of two continents and the economic heart of the country, home to the headquarters of nearly 37,000 international companies. Istanbul is the economic and cultural showcase of the country, with a wealth of a thousand years of heritage, the city is constantly evolving through the realization of major infrastructure projects allowing it to remain competitive on the international scene.
- Ankara, capital of Turkey, second largest city in the country but also an immense university city with a large population of foreign diplomats and embassy personnel, with a remarkable influence on the supply of goods and services. With a foreign trade volume of $19.6 billion, Ankara achieved about 5% of Turkey’s total foreign trade volume in 2020. The high trade volume offers an opportunity for investors and entrepreneurs who wish to realize production and investments on a national and global level.
We offer you the opportunity to participate in one or both parts, according to your priorities. If you do not wish to take part in the Ankara part, you will be able to extend your stay in Istanbul. Our team in Turkey can organize B2B meetings for you after the departure of the delegation.
Sunday 24 October
- 25: Flight BRU – IST 11.25 – 15.50 (TK 1938) (*)
- 16 .30: Transfer hotel CVK– Single room at 110 €/night, breakfast incl. (8% VAT not incl.)
- Free evening
Monday October 25
- 00: Briefing and network breakfast with Belgian companies based in Turkey
- 00 – 18.00: B2B appointments
- 30: Transfer to the airport– Flicht IST – ESB 22.00 – 23.00 (TK2184) (*)
- 00: Transfer to the Hilton hotel of Ankara– Single room at 95 €/night, breakfast incl. (8% VAT not incl.)
Tuesday October 26
09.00 –17.00: B2B appointments
20.00: Gala dinner as part of the agreement signed between Ankara and the Brussels-Capital Region
Wednesday 27 October
- 00: B2B and visits
- 00: Transfer to the airport
- 20 – 14.30: Flight Ankara – Brussels : ESB – IST (TK 2119) (*)
- 55 – 18.20: Transfer IST – BRU (TK 1939)(*)
(*) Participating companies are invited to book their flights themselves.
- construction and infrastructure,
- automotive sector,
- medical sector,
Required travel documents
- Valid passport (minimum 6 months)
- E-Visa: Only use this website because there are fraudulent websites that charge higher fees and do not deliver the correct visa!
Travelers from Belgium are exempt from quarantine if they can present one of the following documents:
- a vaccination certificate, attesting that the last dose of vaccine was received at least 14 days earlier;
- a certificate of healing, stating that they have been affected by COVID-19 within the past 6 months;
- a negative PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before entering the territory;
- a negative rapid antigen test of less than 48 hours.
Do not hesitate to consult the financial incentives offered by the Brussels-Capital Region! They can support your business development efforts abroad.
Be careful: To be taken into consideration, your request must be submitted at the latest the day before your departure.
TechCrunch Disrupt 2021Complet - Registrations are closed! Organization: hub.brussels
Our virtual collective stand is waiting for you!
Export talks #26: conducting a digital market studyOrganization: hub.brussels & Beci
Looking for new sales markets abroad? Marketing expert Cédric Rainotte will guide you through digital marketing research, during Export Talks.
Business Network in BrusselsOrganization: hub.brussels
Getting started as a (new) entrepreneur in Brussels? Would you like to network and learn more about the support services for starters?