Economic mission in Kenya and Ouganda
Do you plan to export to East Africa? Join us in Nairobi and Kampala from 2 to 9 November! In partnership with FIT, AWEX and CBL-ACP, we put you in touch with our local network so you can take advantage of the opportunities available to you!
Kenya and Uganda are two of the top three economies in East Africa, with many business sectors!
While the Ugandan authorities are interested in continuing to diversify the agri-food industry, Kenya, the world leader in smartphone transactions, is searching for new ideas to further develop its ICT sector.
The construction field is equally attractive in Kenya and Uganda. Part of 5 November will be spent visiting the “BIG 5 CONSTRUCT EAST AFRICA” trade show.
More information about this trade show and the developing industries in these two countries is provided below.
Take advantage of seven days of personalised assistance.
We offer you the opportunity to explore these markets, based on your products and/or services, by not only planning B2B meetings but also through meetings with the officials and Ministries of the two countries.
You will also benefit from the expert advice of our on-site economic and commercial attaché and meet their extensive network of Belgian companies, which were formerly in your position.
Saturday, 2 November
- 9:05 am: Flight from Zaventem to Nairobi (LH1005 (via Frankfurt), LH590, BRU – NBO) expected arrival at 9:15 pm
Sunday, 3 November
- Welcome, mission briefing and proposed visits.
Monday, 4 November
- Official launch of the mission in Kenya, industry seminars, B2B meetings and official reception.
Tuesday, 5 November
- B2B meetings, visit to BIG5 Construct Kenya (construction industry https://www.thebig5.ae/, Ministries, International Organisations/United Nations and evening cultural event.
Wednesday, 6 November
- B2B meetings, visits and networking activities.
- 1:45 pm: Flight to Entebbe in Uganda (KENYAN AIRWAYS – KQ 414, NBO – EBB) direct flight, expected arrival at 3:00 pm.
- Transfer and welcome briefing in Kampala.
Thursday, 7 November
- Official launch of the mission in Uganda, industry seminars, B2B meetings and official reception.
Friday, 8 November
- B2B meetings in Kampala and Entebbe; visits to Ministries, International Organisations/United Nations (procurement) and evening cultural event.
Saturday, 9 November
- Continuation of B2B meetings, visits and networking activities.
- 11:59 pm: Return flight to Brussels (SN465, EBB – BRU) expected arrival next day at 6:35 am.
- Please note that the working language is English
- You can visit one of the two countries only, if you prefer
Flights and hotels
We do not make group reservations. Each company is expected to reserve their own flights and lodging.
If you don’t want to reserve the mission flights, please let us know your precise itinerary (airline, flight number, flight time, transfers, etc.).
- €100 for SMEs
- €300 for large companies
Visa and passport
- A visa is required to enter both countries You will be provided with additional information later on
- A passport valid for six months after the visa expiration date.
The six key industries which ensure Kenya’s wealth are:
- Agriculture (the family-owned business model is moving towards industrial agriculture)
- Services (ICT, in particular)
- Energy (the government’s priority industry)
- City planning and the environment
The six key industries in the Ugandan market:
- Agriculture (and food processing)
- Construction/public works
- Services (ICT)
More information on the “BIG 5 CONSTRUCT EAST AFRICA” construction trade show
BIG 5 CONSTRUCT EAST AFRICA is the leading trade show and business platform for the construction industry in East Africa. The 2019 edition of the show will welcome over 200 exhibitor companies and thousands of visitors and feature a Belgian pavilion. The goal of this international event is to bring professionals from the construction industry together in this space for three days and to highlight the main decision-makers in this large and promising market.
Any question about the Economic Mission to Kenya and Uganda? Contact Carole and Ivan!
Area Manager Sub-Saharan Africa
Tel : +32 2 800 40 29
GSM : +32 494 57 62 79
Economic and Commercial Attaché
Questions about grants and subsidies
For aid and subsidies, please contact François Berteau: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Carole and Ivan by filling out the form below:
MIPIM 2020Organization: hub.brussels
Come to the biggest real estate fair!
[CANCELLED] Foodex 2020Full - Registrations are closed! Organization: hub.brussels
Introduce your products on your fully-equipped stand !
Call for Social Economy projects: information sessionOrganization: hub.brussels & COOPCITY
Which socio-economic projects are eligible for a grant? For what amount? Discover it during our info session on March 10th!