Economic mission at the crossroads between Europe and Asia
Do you want to develop your business in countries on the borders of Europe? Join us, for a cross-industry mission to Turkey from 29 November to 7 December to explore this market at Asia’s doors.
Considered the bridge between Asia and Europe, Turkey is a very interesting market thanks to its very diversified economy. It can provide multiple export and partnership opportunities in many industries.
An AWEX delegation is also going to Georgia and Iran.
Start on a solid foundation to export to Turkey
We’ll organise a B2B meeting programme tailored to your needs when you take part in the mission. You’ll also have the opportunity to take part in networking events with other delegation companies and with local players and decision-makers. In addition, we’ll provide guaranteed support throughout your trip with on-site visits and contact follow-up after the mission is complete.
A region with many economic opportunities
Following strong growth in the 2000s (5.2% on average between 2002 and 2012) and after coming out relatively unscathed from the crisis in 2008 and 2009 (GDP growth of 9.2% in 2010 and 8.8% in 2011), the country’ average growth rate has slowed over the past years (2.9% in 2014, 3.2% in 2016 and 2.6% in 2018).
Sectors of interest in Turkey:
- Construction/ infrastructure
In order to prevent an outflow of foreign currency for imports deemed unnecessary, the Iranian authorities make certain markets inaccessible to foreign companies.
Before planning a prospecting trip to this country, we recommend that you contact us to check the suitability of your offering for the local market.
Sectors of interest in Iran:
This country can be used as a logistics centre for the Caucasus region and beyond.
It’s a very interesting market because of its easy access, low corruption and ease of doing business.
Its success is the result of the many reforms undertaken in key sectors. The time needed to set up a company has been reduced to two days thanks to the simplification of the company registration process and the opening of offices at which all types of administrative issues can be handled in one place.
The ports of Batumi and Poti are being modernised. They are located at the heart of the new silk road between China and Europe. The Baku-Tbilisi-Kars rail line opened in October 2017. It also contributes to making Georgia a logistics centre for the entire region.
Key industries in Georgia:
- Distribution and retail
(Optional) IRAN (29 November – 1 December)
Friday, 29 November
- 1:15 pm – 00:30 am (Iran: UTC + 3.30) Turkish Airlines (stopover in Istanbul) Brussels – Tehran
- Delegation welcome at the airport and transfer to the Azadi Hotel (50 min)
Saturday, 30 November
- 9:30 am : Welcome at the Chamber of Commerce
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm : B2B + lunch
- 7:00 pm : Reception at the Ambassador’s Residence
- 9:00 pm : Transfer to the Azadi Hotel
Sunday, 1 December
- 9:00 am – 11.45 am: Seminar “How to do business with Iran”, B2B
- 11:45 am – 12:45 pm: Transfer to the airport
- 3:05 pm – 6:20 pm: Flight Tehran – Istanbul (TK871)
- 7:00 pm: Welcome at the airport and transfer to the Grand Hyatt Istanbul Hotel
TURKEY (1 to 4 December)
Sunday, 1 December
- 11:30 am – 5:00 pm (Turkey: UTC + 2) Flight Brussels – Istanbul Turkish Airlines TK1938 BRU-IST
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the hotel
Monday, 2 December
- 9:00 am – 6:00 pm: Introduction seminar “Doing business in Turkey”, lunch and B2B meeting
- Evening: Networking reception
Tuesday, 3 December
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: B2B meeting
- 8:00 pm: Concert by the Orchestre Royal de Chambre de Wallonie (Royal Chamber Orchestra of Wallonia)
Wednesday, 4 December
- 7:00 am: Transfer to the airport
- 10:45 am – 12:20 pm: Flight Istanbul – Brussels (TK1945) Return to Brussels or
- 12.45 am – 2.30 pm: Turkish Airlines TK1943 IST-BRU
(Optional) GEORGIA (4 to 7 December)
Wednesday, 4 December
- 10:30 am: Transfer to the airport
- 1:50 pm – 5:10 pm (Georgia: UTC + 4) Flight Istanbul – Tbilisi (TK 382)
- 6:00 pm: Transfer to the Rooms Hotel
- Free evening
Thursday, 5 December
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: Seminar “How to do business in Georgia”, B2B meeting
- Evening: Showing of a Belgian film at the Tbilisi International Film Festival followed by a networking reception jointly organised by AWEX – WBI – hub.brussels.
Friday, 6 December
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: B2B meeting
Saturday, 7 December
- 9:00 am: Transfer to the airport
- 12:05 pm – 5:20 pm: Flight Tbilisi – Brussels (TK379)
- €100 (for SMEs)
- €300 (for businesses with more than 250 employees)
- Friday 29 November: Turkish Airlines TK1946 BRU-IKA 1:15 pm – 0:30 am (2h25 stopover at Istanbul SAW)
- Sunday 1 December: Turkish Airlines TK871 IKA-IST 3:05 pm – 6:20 pm
Wednesday 4 December: Turkish Airlines TK1945 SAW-BRU 10:45 am – 12:20 pm
TURKEY – GEORGIA
- Sunday 1 December: Turkish Airlines TK1938 BRU-IST 11:30 am – 4:50 pm
- Wednesday 4 December: Turkish Airlines TK382 IST-TBS 1:50 pm – 5:10 pm Saturday 7 December: Turkish Airlines TK379 TBS-BRU 12:05 pm – 5:20 pm (1h40 stopover in Istanbul)
(Prices are for information only as of 23 August 2019)
Note that participating companies must book their own flights.
- Hotel in Tehran: Persian Azadi Hotel
Single room: €72/night
Double room: €89/night
Book with hub.brussels and pay in cash at the hotel
- Hotel in Istanbul: Grand Hyatt
Single room: €110, breakfast included (8% VAT not included)
Double room: €125, breakfast included (8% VAT not included)
- Hotel in Tbilisi: Rooms
Single room: USD110 (18% VAT not included)
Double room: USD125 (18% VAT not included)
Travel documents and visas required
Valid passport (for six months minimum)
- Iran: Note: a visa is required for travel in this country. An Iranian visa in your passport can be an issue for later travel to the United States and other Gulf countries. The Embassy of Iran will, therefore, issue a visa as a separate document and will not stamp your passport. However, you must explicitly request this type of separate visa when you submit your passport to the Embassy.
- Turkey: use this website only. Some fraudulent websites ask for higher fees and don’t provide the right visa!
- Georgia: a visa isn’t required
Don’t hesitate to consult the financial incentives put forward by the Brussels-Capital Region! They may support your commercial marketing efforts abroad. Please note, in order to be taken into consideration, your application will need to be submitted before the mission starts.
Note: Your request must be submitted the day before your departure, at the latest.
Questions? Contact Ghislain or Leilla!
Area Manager Middle East & North Africa
Tel: +32 2 800 40 84
Support Middle East & North Africa
Tel: +32 800 40 39
You can also contact Ghislain and Leilla by filling in the form below:
MIPIM 2020Organization: hub.brussels
Come to the biggest real estate fair!
[CANCELLED] Foodex 2020Full - Registrations are closed! Organization: hub.brussels
Introduce your products on your fully-equipped stand !
Call for Social Economy projects: information sessionOrganization: hub.brussels & COOPCITY
Which socio-economic projects are eligible for a grant? For what amount? Discover it during our info session on March 10th!