Call for Projects: support for Associations of Retailers
As part of the Brussels government’s recovery plan, the Secretary of State for economic transition, Barbara Trachte, has introduced specific measures to support Brussel’s retail sector. A completely new call for projects, “Local&Together”, has been launched to support initiatives that promote initiatives in retail neighbourhoods, with 300,000 euros available.
The aim of this new call for projects is to maintain and enhance the commercial fabric within Brussels and to stimulate the vitality of the retail sector on a local level.
This call for projects is targeted at the 105 associations of retailers in the Brussels-Capital Region. Its purpose is to encourage the setting up of joint projects which satisfy the needs of, or address the difficulties faced by, those working, living or shopping in a neighbourhood. Applications must be submitted before 23/08/2020!
What type of project does the fund support?
To be eligible, the project must fall into one of two categories:
“Support for associations of retailers” category
The aim of this category is to stimulate joint initiatives that cover the largest number of retail neighbourhoods in the Brussels region.
To be eligible, joint projects must contribute to:
- improving the structure and development of retail activity in the neighbourhood concerned;
- increasing the levels of sustainable and local consumption;
- strengthening the links between a neighbourhood’s retailers and users.
The projects should prioritise an “eco-management” approach.
In real terms, this may involve:
- promoting customer loyalty on a local level through participation in a local currency scheme;
- setting up a multi-outlet loyalty card or long-term gift voucher scheme;
- arranging a collective programme of activities designed to foster solidarity or a sense of being part of a neighbourhood;
- initiatives that pool the resources of a number of retailers so that they can benefit from economies of scale or access to services which they would not be able to access individually…
The maximum budget for projects which fall into this category is 5,000 euros per project. The selected projects will receive support from hub.brussels.
“Support for innovative projects” category
The aim is to support, on a neighbourhood level, innovative projects and projects which direct resources to a community level.
To be eligible, the projects must:
- propose collective solutionsintended to address issues faced jointly by retailers and which are a regional priority, notably with regard to waste management, logistics, mobility and sustainable food supplies.
- fall within the scope of an approach which helps to reduce the environmental footprint associated with different types of consumptionand must demonstrably have a positive impact in terms of the economy and the environment.
In real terms, this may involve:
- pooling initiatives that improve the logistic aspects of the retailers’ procurement or delivery of goods, and intended to optimise the transport and/or storage of goods and relieve traffic congestions in the neighbourhoods concerned;
- supporting changes to alternative modes of transportsuch that goods are procured and/or delivered by sustainable transport solutions (e.g. cargo bikes);
- initiatives for the joint management of waste;
- collecting and distributing unsold foodin conjunction with local associations, initiatives that foster the use of digital resources;
- initiatives which promote a sustainable food offering within the neighbourhood…
The maximum budget for projects which fall into this category is 60,000 euros per project. The selected projects will receive support from hub.brussels.
How to submit your application
To submit your application, you must proceed as follows:
- Read the rules of the call for projects (in FR/NL only)
- Contact hub.brussels:associations applying for this funding must attend two support sessions, each 45 minutes long, led by the “Local partnerships” team” at hub.brussels. Make an appointment using the form provided below, not later than 10 working days before the deadline for the submission of applications.
- Then email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23/08/2020.
Contact our Local partnerships team
Fields marked with * are required.