Are you a fashion designer looking to launch your collection? In collaboration with MAD Brussels, we’re organising a business meeting for Brussels-based fashion designers during Fashion Week, which will take place in Paris from 18 to 23 June.
While Paris is the home of haute couture and the major prêt-à-porter houses, the French capital is also a strategic location from which most exports are sent. The global fashion industry will meet there for Fashion Week and provide you with an excellent opportunity to set yourself apart and prepare your entry into this very important market.
Five Brussels-based fashion brands will be selected via a call for applications. Why not submit yours?
Become one of fashion’s “new faces” from Belgium
Join us for Fashion Week in Paris to promote your collections. You will receive financial support to present your collections in a multi-brand showroom or via a press agent. Our goal is to promote made-in-Brussels creations and to make our capital city a creative centre. This will be a real springboard for your brand!
Submit your file to the MAD website before 14 May. A jury of fashion and export professionals will select the best candidates, based on criteria related to your company’s organisation, your collections and your export strategy.
What are the criteria for entering?
• has a corporate structure;
• has its registered office in the Brussels-Capital Region;
• has existed for at least one year;
• has the financial, human and operational capacity to export.
• you have at least three collections, one of which is complete and ready to be shown in Paris;
• your designs have been displayed in an individual or multi-brand showroom.
Your export strategy:
• you have a clear idea about your target markets and have identified your target audience for B2B meetings;
• you have promotional materials (a press agent is a plus);
• you have or have had points-of-sale in other countries or sold via e-commerce.
• you have received support from hub.brussels and/or MAD;
• you have an export strategy or plan for the coming three to five years;
• you have three years’ proven experience in international sales.
Any questions? Contact François or Anaïs!
François DE VRIJE
Economic and commercial representative for the Brussels-Capital Region in France.
Tel.: +33 1 44 09 94 15
For MAD Brussels
Tel.: +32 475 37 26 80
Photo: Conni Kaminski © Pascal Rohé / Fashion Council Germany