Do you work in the renewable energy industry? Did you attend our information session on opportunities in the sector in India and Sri Lanka? Now, we invite you to take the plunge and meet industry experts on the ground, from 22 to 27 April!
As we explained at our information session, while India and Sri Lanka have green energy to resell, they do not yet possess the technology to optimise its storage. Though the wind blows and the sun shines in these countries, the distribution network is limited.
From Colombo to RenewX in Hyderybad
Take flight with us and meet the local authorities responsible for renewable energy schemes, as well as projects financed by the Asian Development Bank! We will end the trip with a stop in Hyderabad, where RenewX takes place. This trade fair, specialising in renewable energies, represents an opportunity to meet local partners, especially at our pavilion, where you will have the chance to share the potential of your business during a conference.
Register by 19 March!
22 April: Sri Lanka (Colombo)
– 08:00-09:00: Briefing at the hotel (Hilton, Movenpick or Cinnamon Lakeside)
– 10:00-12:00: Seminar attended by Belgian ambassador François Delhaye, and leading stakeholders in the renewable energy sector (JLanka Technologies and Energy and Power Development Ltd.), as well as funding bodies (including the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank).
– 12:30-14:00: Networking lunch
– 14:00: B2B Meetings
– 19:00: Cocktail reception with the European Chamber of Commerce in Sri Lanka
23 April: Colombo-Chennai
– 07:15: Transfer to the international airport.
– 09:30: Flight Indigo 6E1202 to Chennai (booked by our Economic and Commercial Attaché).
– 11.00: Arrival in Chennai and transfer to hotel.
– 14:00: Visit to an Indian wind power organisation (tour of facilities and meeting with members).
– 19:00: Networking dinner at the Belgian Embassy, attended by the Consul-General and a selection of leading stakeholders in the renewable energy sector.
24 April: Chennai
– 08:00-09:00: Briefing at the hotel.
– 10:00-13:00 Seminar at the hotel with stakeholders from Tamil Nadu (organisations, international schools, etc.).
– 13:00-14:00: Networking lunch.
– 14:00: B2B Meetings.
– 18:55: Flight Indigo 6 E-2752 to Delhi (booked by our Economic and Commercial Attaché).
– 21:40: Arrival in Delhi and transfer to hotel ITC Marurya (TBC).
25 April: Delhi
– 10:00-12:00: Meeting at the Ministry of New Renewable Energies (policy, future projects and opportunities).
– 12:30-14:30: Lunch with EUDEL-European Delegation in Dehli, the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank.
– 15:00: Visit to the National Solar Energy Institute and meeting with stakeholders.
– 17:30: Transfer to the airport.
– 20:35: Flight Vistara UK871 to Hyderabad (booked by our Economic and Commercial Attaché).
– 22:55: Arrival in Hyderabad and transfer to the hotel.
26 April: Hyderabad
– 08:00-09:00: Briefing at the hotel
– 10:00-14:00: Participation in the RenewX expo 2019, where Belgium is a partner country with a pavilion. The trade fair takes place at Hitex.
– 20:00-22:00: Dinner at restaurant (MOB or the Tilt) with the delegation.
27 April: Hyderabad
– 10:00-14:00: Participation in the RenewX expo 2019, where Belgium is a partner country with a pavilion. There will be a 1.5 hour session, outlining the benefits of Belgian technologies in the sector.
– The outbound flights (to Colombo) and inbound flights (from Hyderabad) are at your expense.
Internal flights and hotel accommodation:
– To be booked by our Economic and Commercial Attaché, who will re-invoice you for the amount due.
– Budget for a maximum of 150 euros per night.
– In total, hotel/flight costs should be approximately 2000 euros per person.
– Make sure to apply for 50% financial support from the Regional government.
Participation fees for the trip:
– 100 euros for SMEs that are based in Brussels or a member of EDORA.
– 300 euros for large companies that are based in Brussels or a member of EDORA.
– 600 euros for companies that are not based in Brussels or a member of EDORA
Any questions? Contact Chrysoline and Jean-François!
Area Manager- South East Asia
Tel : +32 2.800.40.45
e-mail : email@example.com
Economic and Commercial Attaché to Chennai
Tel : +91 44.28.33.04.72
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org